Removing sign-up (then logins), with social providers Google and Facebook
In an effort to free the project from dependencies, the creation of a new user (therefore a radio), will no longer be possible, using any external social providers. Also, in a close future we will enforce login with email/password for every users that are currently using social providers.
Currently Facebook and Goole have been provided as a matter of convenience for user who might not wish to create for themeselves an account using an email/password pair.
This “feature” is being rolled out for several reseaons:
- wish to become independent from Google and Facebook
- start first steps to become independent from Google’s Firebase, used as database and API provider for this project
- bugs and annoyance in managing API keys for OAUTH applications (the Facebook and Google app and keys used to authenticate into radio4000)
- bugs in Firebase projects keys (service account issue, with functions deployment)
Instead, users will be able to:
- create a new user and radio channel with email/password
- update their current user’s (channel) login method to email/password
We’re sorry for the inconvenience, please get in touch by any mean if your encounter any troubles or have any feedback: